BYOM walkthrough DEBkiss package
- Author: Tjalling Jager
- Date: November 2021
- Web support: http://www.debtox.info/byom.html
Step-by-step walk through the code of the BYOM DEBkiss package. This is a general implementation of DEBkiss following Jager et al (2013), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jtbi.2013.03.011. This walk through is made with the 'publish' option in Matlab, which might also be very convenient to keep track of your work (as a modeller's log book). This walk through consists of the following files:
- byom_debkiss_no_egg.m: this script fits growth and reproduction in the pond snail.
- derivatives.m: the actual model in the form of a system of ordinary differential equations (ODEs).
- call_deri.m: calls derivatives.m or simplefun.m to calculate the model output. Here, the model output is transformed to match the nature of the observations in the data set.
- pathdefine.m: a piece of code that searches for the engine directory, and adds it to the Matlab path. No need to make changes here, just make sure it is in every directory from which you run BYOM scripts.